Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Escape Artist in the Making

It's Tuesday and the chicks are learning how to jump. Nick walked in the office this morning saw one of the chicks had jumped on top of the waterer. That's only about an inch lower than the edge of the container we have them in. I'm glad the waterer was away from the edge as we would have had one chick making a huge mess in our office.

I asked Chris to put one of the dog excercise pens around the tubs for the time being. After I got off work, I got some screening to clamp over the tops of the tubs. All the birdies are secure now.

I've posted some pictures that Nick took of me hand feeding the birds. They're pretty gentle, and I enjoy this daily ritual with them.







Here is a video of the ducks eating from my hand.

By the way, we did not speed up the video. That is how fast they really eat.

YIC - Christel

No comments:

Post a Comment